Activity trackers are used by many people these days to keep track of their health and fitness. Having an activity tracker can help you get more active, sleep better, and understand your overall health. Trackers can also aid in keeping track of your progress and advise how hard you should push yourself.
Top-Rated Fitness Trackers
- Fitbit Charge 4
- SoundPEATS Smart Watch
- Garmin Vívofit 4
- Xiaomi Mi Band 6
- POLAR Unite
- Garmin Instinct
- Fitbit Versa 2
Fitbit Charge 4
With Fitbit Charge 4, there’s no limit to how far you can go. This sleek, swim-proof tracker is packed with features that help you know your workouts and your body better – like built-in GPS, Active Zone Minutes, new exercise modes, and sleep tracking.
SoundPEATS Smart Watch Fitness Tracker
Care about your heart rate with PPG sensor. Take a glance at your real-time heart rate on this smart fitness tracker and adjust your workout rhythm to keep efficient and healthy
Garmin Vívofit 4 Activity Tracker
Find more ways to beat yesterday with vívofit 4. It brings you activity tracking and the freedom to keep moving without taking a break to recharge. With its 1+ year battery life, it’s perfect to wear 24/7, so you’re always tracking your activity, automatically classifying it with Move IQ and so much more.
Xiaomi Mi Band 6
With a 40% larger dynamic AMOLED touch screen, magnetic snap charging, SpO2 Sensor, 24-hour active heart monitoring, and 100+ watch faces to choose from.
POLAR Unite Fitness Watch
Polar Unite is a fitness watch designed to help you discover your potential. It comes with an advanced wrist-based heart rate and connected GPS. Polar Unite tracks your sleep stages, measures your recovery every night, and gives you personalized workout guidance based on your readiness. You can customize Polar Unite with wristbands and watch face color themes.
Garmin Instinct Esports Edition
Train smarter IRL with preloaded activity profiles plus GPS and added sensor performance for activities outside the game world.
Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch
Meet Fitbit versa 2 a smartwatch that elevates every moment. Use your voice to create alarms, set bedtime reminders, or check the weather with Amazon Alexa built-in. Take your look from the gym to the office with its modern and versatile design. See your stats with an always-on display mode. In addition, get Fitbit pay, daily sleep quality scores, apps, notifications, 24/7 heart rate, and store 300+ songs for an experience that revolves around you.
Benefits of Fitness Trackers
1. Personal Accountability – The most crucial benefit and why people use activity trackers is personal accountability. Many trackers keep track of your objectives and progress to psychologically motivate you to take more steps or run faster than the day before or maintain a higher peak heart rate for just a little longer.
2. Individualised Goals – Many activity trackers include workouts, advice, and achievable goals that you may create for yourself. For instance, if you wish to do a 5K run but haven’t run more than 100 yards in the last year, the tracker will assign you particular goals to help you achieve your 3.1-mile objective.
3. Weight Loss – If you utilize an activity tracker to achieve or beat your objectives, you will almost certainly lose some weight. When you look at your activity levels and see if you’re in the correct heart rate zone, you can see if you’re on pace to reach your goal weight.
4. Sleep Tracking – Trackers are now used to record your sleeping movement to determine how well you are sleeping. Getting three complete cycles of sleep per night is critical for maintaining your energy levels and providing your brain and rest of your body with the time they require to recoup and digest everything that occurred the previous day.
5. Everything you need in one device – There’s no need to open an app or think about recharging batteries if you have many apps open because most trackers will instantly sync tracking activity to your phone through Bluetooth. If that isn’t possible, specific trackers can be manually plugged into a computer via USB to submit data. Many trackers may be kept going all day. Sometimes, they even go all year. They are just a nightly charge or when plugged into a laptop.
Features to Consider when Buying an Activity Tracker
1. Style – Activity trackers used to be strictly practical, but manufacturers are now more concerned with aesthetics. There is a range of materials, shapes, and colors to choose from and specific models produced in partnership with real fashion designers. Choose a look that you’ll be happy to wear every day.
2. Display – The most complex trackers display their data in words, figures, and symbols on a watch-face-like display. Others merely communicate the information through an app or a primary LED display. Preview the tracker’s accompanying app before making a final purchase decision to ensure it meets your expectations.
3. Accuracy – Whatever information your activity tracker collects should be precise and easy to comprehend.
4. Battery Life – Extended battery life is essential for wearing activity trackers all day or using fitness trackers during long exercises. Battery life can range from one day to several months, depending on the device’s sophistication. A tracker with a color touch screen and a slew of sensors is more likely to require charging than a simple band with a few LED lights on its face.
5. Comfort – Activity trackers must be well-fitting, neither too tiny nor too large, and comfortable to use for extended periods. When evaluating all-day trackers, keep track of how comfortable they are throughout the day, how comfortable they are to sleep with (if they have a sleep tracker), and size alternatives so individuals can find a good fit.
6. Syncing – When you can examine your statistics on an associated app or transfer data to a third-party app like Strava, trackers can be even more helpful. Check if an activity tracker aligns with apps, how easy it is to sync, whether we could sync old workouts if it neglected to do so after a workout, and how fast the syncing process is.
Top Reviewed Activity Trackers
How to use Activity Trackers Effectively
Choose a suitable activity tracker. Do you want to track your steps, your heart rate, or activity-specific data? Some people will benefit from a simple fitness tracker that counts steps and active minutes, while others who have a more specific fitness plan would want more capabilities.
Wear it every day. You won’t obtain the full benefit of your fitness tracker if you don’t wear it at the start of each day. Steps are still necessary even on your most lazy days. This information helps construct a fuller overview of your activity and overall health, especially for a tracker that uses aggregate data. A complete picture can also reveal why you aren’t achieving your weight loss or increased activity goals.
Establish clear goals. Another major stumbling block is that many people who use an activity tracker do not set clear goals. Instead, they merely want to “get in shape” or “reduce weight,” and they passively use the device, monitoring their statistics without comprehending the implications.
An activity tracker is merely a tool for tracking progress, not the be-all and end-all of your workout. As a result, you’ll want to start your fitness adventure with clear, attainable goals:
- A certain number of steps
- A certain number of minutes per activity
- A certain number of pounds lost
Begin small and change your goals as needed based on the data collected by your fitness tracker.
Manage long-term progress by creating a log. While activity trackers can notify you if you’ve met your goal, tracking your long-term progress may be up to you. Set up a log to record your step and activity milestones. You can see what’s working, where you’re progressing, and if you’ve reached a plateau every month.
Additionally, because fitness trackers may be used in conjunction with numerous apps for meal and calorie tracking, consider keeping track of the data from these programs. Observe how your eating and exercise habits have evolved and how they have impacted your growth.
Wrap It Up
Activity trackers are an excellent tool for reaching your fitness objectives. They motivate you to get out and get some exercise. When you’ve been sitting for too long, they may even remind you to get up. Furthermore, the information provided can provide you with insights into your fitness path.
It’s crucial to see progress in your exercise routines, and your activity tracker will provide you with that every day. Here’s to getting in those 10,000 steps every day!