Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Compare pricesfrom 24+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $271.00
- LOWEST PRICE $257.45
- HIGHEST PRICE $319.00
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Review
The 3-Minute Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Review
Basic doesn’t mean bad
By Graeme Messina | 1 May 2019
Features & Design: 3/5 ● Performance: 4/5 ● Value: 3/5 ● Sound Quality 4/5
The Galaxy Watch Active is basically the flagship Galaxy Watch boiled down into a basic, sport-friendlier body. It loses the rotating bezel, has a much smaller face and shorter battery life, but otherwise offers everything you'd expect from Samsung's cheaper higher-end smartwatch.
The biggest problem for most smart watches is the battery life and the screen size. We generally sacrifice size and weight for screen size and battery. Some people have found that the response time on this device is a little slow and feel they could have done better with a different processor.
Is it for you?
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active helps you to stay sporty without having to always look the part. It features a discreet, lightweight design so you can comfortably fast-track and monitor your day. It also features a variety of stylish straps that are fit for most occasions. That’s why this device comes with customizable watch faces that combine style and sensibility. So, whatever your goal is there’s an expression that will match it.
· 1.1" Circular Super AMOLED Display
· 1.15 GHz Exynos 9110 Dual-Core Processor
· Corning Gorilla Glass 3
· Daily Activity & Heart Rate Monitor
· Changeable Faces with Widgets
· Meets MIL-STD-810G Standards
· 5 ATM + IP68 Rated
· Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi b/g/n
· Compatible with iOS 4.0 and up and Android
· Tizen-based Wearable OS
· GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou
· Stress levels indicator
· Samsung Health app
· Sleep monitor
What we like
The Samsung Galaxy Active watch is a lot lighter weight which makes for a better exercise wearable with the screen size being 1.1” and the weight being only 25g really makes for an Active watch.
The main group that this device targets are people that already have a Samsung phone and are living an active lifestyle and wish to build upon the experience by adding a fitness capability to their bag of tricks. This is the cheaper of the devices out there.
What we don’t like
Perhaps the biggest drawbacks of this particular model is the battery life. You will get around three days of use from the 230m Ah battery before it needs recharging, which may or may not be an issue for you, depending on how often you will need to use it during the week.
The small screen also makes it difficult to use accurately and if you have large fingers this device wont suit.
Should you buy it?
If keeping you connected day or night is important to you than the Galaxy Watch Active is for you. You can send customizable replies using speech-to-text, emoticons or its intuitive keyboard while your phone is charging on your night stand.
A device that watches over you all night. The Active tracks your four stages of sleep so you can be on your way to a full night’s worth of rest. You’ll wake up the next morning with a clear rundown of just how deeply you spent the hours during the night.
People also viewed
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active is manufactured by Samsung and was added in February 2019 in the Smartwatch section
- This product has a rating of 3.5 out of 5
- The best price of the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active in Australia is $271.00 at Toby Deals
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at Megabuy, Kogan.com, MobileCiti Online, tech4u.com.au, RebelSport.com.au, ITSPOT.COM.AU, Think Of Us, Harvey Norman, NanoByte Solutions, JB Hi-Fi, Pbtech, Samsung, Dick Smith, Allphones, Toby Deals