Samsung Galaxy A50
Compare pricesfrom 32+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $394.25
- LOWEST PRICE $364.00
- HIGHEST PRICE $413.00
Samsung Galaxy A50 Review
The 3-Minute Galaxy A50 Review
Triple camera to capture your live moments
By Graeme Messina | May 22, 2019
Features & Design: 4/5 ● Performance: 4/5 ● Value: 5/5 ● Sound Quality 3/5
The Galaxy A50 is a new design from Samsung, it comes with Gorilla Glass 3 and a glass and plastic composite back, which gives it an almost holographic look. Even though the frame made from plastic it still feels like a premium quality device, the tapered sides and slim edge is quite comfortable in hand. Samsung has not cut corners with the screen, it’s a 6.4” Super AMOLED, Full HD 1080p display.
There are a couple of things Samsung could have done better like the fingerprint sensor, it is inconsistent when unlocking the phone and has a slight delay.
You also don’t have water resistance plus the audio quality isn’t that great, on max volume there is also some distortion.
Is it for you?
If you want a premium looking phone at an affordable price, then this phone is one to look at. The overall quality of the phone and performance is respectable and with a triple lens camera and a great battery life there’s not much more to ask for.
· Processor Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
· Display Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
· Size 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
· Storage 64 GB
· Camera 25MP + 8MP + 5MP
· Battery 4000 mAh
· Ram 4GB | 64GB & 6GB | 64GB
· Dimensions 158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7 mm (6.24 x 2.94 x 0.30 in)
· Colours Black, White, Blue
What we like
The Samsung A50 brings an attractive looking design even though it’s made from plastic, plus it has an excellent AMOLED screen with a great battery life. The phone now uses USB Type-C which is faster when transferring data and has quicker charging capabilities and a 4000mAh battery life with a 1080p display is a recipe for success, getting similar battery life compared to the S10+ and Note 9.
For such a low-price tag, Samsung has done a great job with the aesthetics making the phone look like it is a more expensive model. Having increased memory and more cameras than the rest of the A-series and a solid chipset makes this device feel like a premium device and the best value for money.
What we don’t like
No IP rating means that dust and water protection is not there. One should therefore cautious about handling the phone around water, with care being taken not to drop the phone or submerge it in water. The fingerprint scanner It’s considerably slower than comparable models in its price range, and the accuracy is all over the place. We would have preferred two speakers at the bottom instead of one for better audio quality and more volume, as well as stereo playback.
Should you buy it?
If are looking for a phone that has a premium look and feel to it with good overall performance and a great battery life then look no further, this phone really feels more like a premium phone for its price point. If you don’t mind the lack of IP rating then you should be very happy with this cheap and cheerful phone from Samsung.
People also viewed
- The Samsung Galaxy A50 is manufactured by Samsung and was added in February 2019 in the Smartphones section
- This product has a rating of 3.0 out of 5
- The best price of the Samsung Galaxy A50 in Australia is $394.25 at Toby Deals
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at BecexTech, Kogan.com, MobileCiti Online, Elite Print Solutions, Amazon Australia, The Good Guys, Samsung, Buy Mobile, Dick Smith, Etoren, Allphones, Toby Deals