OPPO R15 Pro
Compare pricesfrom 6+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $449.00
- LOWEST PRICE $270.27
- HIGHEST PRICE $449.00
OPPO R15 Pro Review
The 3-Minute OPPO R15 Pro Review
OPPO Flagship device
By Graeme Messina | May 27, 2019
Features & Design: 4/5 ● Performance: 4/5 ● Value: 4/5 ● Sound Quality 3/5
This phone has a tall aspect ratio much like most of the recently released screens this year, complete with a notch up at the top. It has a 6.28” AMOLED display panel giving you a screen ratio of 89%. Oppo has worked hard on building up the Selfie Expert branding with lots of selfie-centric features. The improved rear camera has a new 16MP primary sensor and some AI capabilities, a Snapdragon 660 chip, and a large battery with VOOC fast charging.
The AMOLED display doesn't offer a brightness boost in auto mode which dose make it hard to read in sunlight. The R15 Pro only has a single bottom-firing loudspeaker. The tiny earpiece is just that- an earpiece, and sadly doesn't double as a second speaker. They have gone with an older chipset for this phone, and that is the Snapdragon 660 rather then the Snapdragon 835 which is what most mid-range phones are using currently.
Is it for you?
The R15 Pro is a device of compromise, focusing on what matters to the user. The most noticeable compromise is the microUSB 2.0 port fitted with fast charging instead of the USB type C. It has a very good selfie camera and average rear camera. They also opted to make the devices RAM larger at 6GB and storage of 128GB as they felt that was more needed than a super-fast chipset.
· Chipset Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
· CPU Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
· Display AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
· Size 6.28 inches, 98.9 cm2 (~84.1% screen-to-body ratio)
· Storage 128 GB
· Camera Front –
· Battery 3430mAh
· Ram 6GB
· Dimensions 156.5 x 75.2 x 8 mm (6.16 x 2.96 x 0.31 in)
· Weight 180 g (6.35 oz)
· Colors Ruby Red, Cosmic Purple
What we like
OPPO worked with Sony to customize a new flagship sensor, the IMX519 which comes with a larger photosensitive area and greater processing capabilities, so that portraits stand out. The R15 comes with Gorilla glass 5 and is water resistant making you feel more comfortable around pools and water. The glass gives a warm and comfortable feel compared to metal. The AI scene recognition can identify up to 120 scenes in order to adjust features such as lighting and contrast. We also like the 6.28” screen and ultra-wide visual field.
What we don’t like
The Charger: OPPO opted to keep the old style MicroUSB charger and to make it worse added a proprietary fast charging cable instead of just going for the standard Type-C USB. Having the unconventional dual camera setup limits your applications compared to other setups. The phone also battles in low light shots.
Should you buy it?
Overall the look and feel of the device is pleasing, offering you all the essentials for everyday use while still offering you a good price point. This phone provides a lot of plus points with very little negative. Oppo once again succeeded in making a great smartphone series. It ticks all the right boxes. The R15 pro offers attractive design, all-screen front, high-res selfie camera and all the storage you can ask for.
People also viewed
- The OPPO R15 Pro is manufactured by OPPO and was added in September 2018 in the Smartphones section
- This product has a rating of 3.0 out of 5
- The best price of the OPPO R15 Pro in Australia is $449.00 at Ozmobiles
- You can compare prices for the OPPO R15 Pro and save up to 6% or $35.00
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at Kogan.com, MobileCiti Online, Ozmobiles, Dick Smith, Allphones