Compare pricesfrom 13+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $685.00
- LOWEST PRICE $664.05
- HIGHEST PRICE $729.00
OnePlus 7 Review
The 3-Minute OnePlus 7 Review
Go Beyond Speed, Never Settle.
By Graeme Messina | May 26, 2019
Features & Design: 4/5 ● Performance: 4/5 ● Value: 4/5 ● Sound Quality 4/5
The OnePlus 7 is a good looking device produced this year to compete with other flagship phones in the mid-range category. The 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display is made from Corning Gorilla glass with an aspect ratio of 19:5:9 and pixel density of 402ppi, the design is a bezel-less display with a water drop notch. The screen to body ratio is 85.32% with a capacitive touchscreen, and in screen fingerprint reader.
The device has an optic AMOLED display as opposed to a fluid AMOLED display. The display on this model vs the pro model is a little smaller and does not have as high a resolution. It only has 1080x2340 vs 1440x3120. The camera set up is different too as the pro has a pop up selfie camera whereas the OnePlus 7 only has a waterdrop notch in the front screen.
Is it for you?
The OnePlus 7 offers you an affordable device while still being a hi-tech device. If you are not locked into other brand loyalties this phone will deliver on all fronts. The cutting-edge 7 nanometer processor, the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 delivers a 45% performance increase over its predecessor giving you the best performance for your games and other taxing applications. The 6GB of RAM is well sufficient, and it allows for quick processing and easy seamless multitasking.
· 6.41" (16.28 cm) display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels Optic AMOLED
· Android v9.0 (Pie) operating system
· Octa core (2.84 GHz, Single core, Kryo 485 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 485 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 485) processor
· 6 GB of RAM
· battery 3700 mAh
· 48MP + 5MP camera Exmor-RS, CMOS Sensor supporting a resolution of 8000 x 6000
· 16MP front camera
· Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope
· Fingerprint sensor
· 128 GB Memory
· 4G network
· 8.2 mm x 74.8mm x 157.7mm, 182 grams.
What we like
The price is on point for this device as you get good value for money with this premium upper to midrange smartphone. The experience you get while listen to music, watching movies and playing games is a full immersion experience. The camera features allow for some fun and joy while taking selfies as well as low light imagery.
What we don’t like
Aside from the small issues mentioned above there is little to dislike about this model. The audio jack is missed on this device as phones are moving to more slimmer fits cutting out the audio jacks to fit the USB type-c. The option to have this phone in 5G would have been nice but that’s reserved for the pro model.
Should you buy it?
If looking purely at what the 7 offers, it's an easy upgrade decision. The 7 has better hardware all around, a dramatically improved display and high-quality cameras with so many new features. It also has nice-to-have features like stereo speakers, improved haptics, and a much faster in-display fingerprint sensor. The OxygenOS software is a fantastic experience as your transition is seamless. The phone is the right size for easy use as it fits comfortably in the hand, and the display with the water drop front camera makes selfies easy and fun.
People also viewed
- The OnePlus 7 is manufactured by OnePlus and was added in May 2019 in the Smartphones section
- This product has a rating of 3.5 out of 5
- The best price of the OnePlus 7 in Australia is $685.00 at Toby Deals
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at BecexTech, Kogan.com, Dick Smith, Etoren, Toby Deals