Olympus OM-D E-M10 Price
- Product Name
*Olympus OM-D E-M10 CSC Body - Black
Olympus E-M10 Body Only Silver - Demo Stock Only 1 qty AvailableFriendly Service and 100% Australian Stock
*Olympus OM-D E-M10 CSC Body - Silver
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Review
As per Olympus claims, this camera should set the standards of slim zoom lenses. They essentially say it’s the slimmest ever made. It’s actually a powerzoom that collapses when you turn off the camera in a bid to maintain the slim lines of this magnificent product. Apart from that, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 can be seen as a better looking E-M5. Most of the features are borrowed from the E-M5 although the team at Olympus compromised in a few areas. They also borrowed a couple of aspects from the high end E-M1. We can call it a cheaper OM-D that comes with an array of features already in the E-M5.
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 produces decent images and offers a wide array of customization options. With this camera, you can easily control the image quality and its control layout is simply the best. Most features like the viewfinder and the sensor are not different from the original OM-D. However, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 comes with a TruPic VII processor which is also used in the high end F-M1.This processor has an advanced technology that makes it easier to control noise. In this regard, this camera should do better than the E-M5 when it comes to image quality.
Its processor allows you to set the sensitivity to ISO 100-25,600. It also allows working with 8 frames per second even when the exposure and focus are locked. Focusing is made easier with the manual Focus, Continuous AF mode and the single AF modes available. If you like, you can as well use the face Detection AF. Enthusiasts can still use this camera as it has the manual, shutter priority, aperture priority and the program modes. If you like, you can use the newly introduced hand held mode.
When it comes to filters, it has a total of 19 which can come in handy when you want to add some effects to your images. Of course like other cameras in the OM-D series, it comes with a touch sensitive LCD screen. It also comes with in-built Wi-Fi connectivity and a pop up flash. You can affix an external flash as well. However, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 lacks weather sealing and accessory ports.
Who should use this camera? Considering that it’s affordable and doesn’t have all the features that an enthusiast would want to use, this camera was perfectly made for a developing photographer. There are a lot of controls that you can customize and it also comes with a viewfinder. This shows that Olympus wanted it to be used by someone who wants to feel the control in his/her shooting although it has an automatic mode as well. Basically, you can get everything that you wanted from the E-M5, plus a couple of more features for a lower price. According to a couple of tests, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 beats the Nikon D7100 and the Canon 70D.The only thing that the Olympus team need to take care of if they want to compete against SLRs is the AF system.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ110 Panasonic
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 / 14-42mm Kit Panasonic
- Sony Alpha a6000 / 16-50mm Kit Sony
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus
- Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Canon
- Canon EOS M6 Canon
- Nikon D5500 Nikon
- Olympus Pen E-PL8 / 14-42mm Kit Olympus
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II Sony
- Nikon D5300 / 18-55mm Kit Nikon
- The Olympus OM-D E-M10 is manufactured by Olympus and was added in December 2014 in the Digital Cameras section
- This product has a rating of 4.5 out of 5
- The best price of the Olympus OM-D E-M10 in Australia is $516.00 at Digital Camera Warehouse
- You can compare prices for the Olympus OM-D E-M10 and save up to 26% or $183.00
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at Digital Camera Warehouse, CameraPro