Nikon Coolpix P900
Compare pricesfrom 29+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $588.85
- LOWEST PRICE $558.00
- HIGHEST PRICE $588.85
Nikon Coolpix P900 Review
The Nikon Coolpix P 900 is the only camera that offers an 83x optical zoom lens, one of the longest optical zoom lenses to ever grace the face of the earth. To give you an idea of how powerful this lens is, it’s like a 24mm wide angle lens zoomed to over 1900 on telephoto. Some of the noticeable features of the camera include in built Wi-Fi, NFC and GPS. It also has an inbuilt Electronic viewfinder with an eye sensor and a vary angle LCD screen. However, the selling point of the Nikon Coolpix P 900 is the amazing 83x optical zoom lens. So is this camera really worth the price?
The Nikon Coolpix P 900 is an expensively priced ultra-zoom camera. In fact, it’s among the higher priced cameras in its range and also the only one to offer an amazing 83x optical lens. If you are looking for cheaper alternatives, you might want to consider the Canon PowerShot SX60 HS, the Kodak Pixpro AZ651, the Panasonic Lumix FZ72 or Nikon’s own Coolpix P610.The camera comes with a couple of pros and a few flaws as well. Let’s see what it has to offer.
With this camera, you will experience the largest optical zoom lens ever. The camera is a bit bulky as it weighs nearly 900g. It’s one of the largest and heaviest cameras around. It will beat DSLRs hands down when it comes to weight and size. However, the DSLRs aren’t capable of providing these kinds of zoom levels as well. With such high zoom levels, this camera would turn out to be useless if it was difficult to take sharp images or you needed to have your tripod all the time. Luckily, the guys at Nikon headquarters figured out how to make it easy for determined photographers. They decided to add an optical image stabilization system that works wonders.
Nikon Coolpix P 900’s image stabilization is so effective that you can get sharp images even when the 83x optical zoom lens is in full use and no tripod is on site. Although the image stabilization mechanism is effective, you will get better results when shooting with a tripod. Although the 83x optical zoom lens is good for wildlife photography and the like, it would stress up a videographer a bit and so using a tripod is recommended for better results.
All in all, this camera is good for people who really need the extra zoom levels. With such an amazing optical zoom lens, electronic viewfinder and a high resolution LCD screen, the camera’s pricing is justifiable. Add this to the in-built GPS and NFC for faster connectivity and you have yourself an amazing camera. This camera might be a bit expensive for some people but if you are really interested in this kind of zoom power, then the price should not scare you away as you won’t be seeing an 83x optical lens soon. The closest competition we have is a 65x optical zoom lens.
People also viewed
- The Nikon Coolpix P900 is manufactured by Nikon and was added in March 2015 in the Digital Cameras section
- This product has a rating of 4.0 out of 5
- The best price of the Nikon Coolpix P900 in Australia is $588.85 at Ryda Dot Com
- You can compare prices for the Nikon Coolpix P900 and save up to 26% or $210.15
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at Camera Warehouse, DC Cameras & Optics, Digital Camera Warehouse, Ryda Dot Com, Digidirect, teds.com.au, BecexTech, Kogan.com, CameraPro, Videopro, Parramatta Cameras, Think Of Us, The Good Guys, Harvey Norman, camerahouse.com.au, NanoByte Solutions, R.T Edwards Queensland, Radio Rentals South Australia, Leederville Cameras, JB Hi-Fi, Pbtech, Camera Electronic, 13IT, Dick Smith, G-Tech Solutions