Motorola Moto G7 Plus
Compare pricesfrom 6+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $334.00
- LOWEST PRICE $334.00
- HIGHEST PRICE $371.00
Motorola Moto G7 Plus Review
The 3-Minute Motorola Moto G7 Plus Review
By Graeme Messina | May 27, 2019
Features & Design: 4/5 ● Performance: 4/5 ● Value: 4/5 ● Sound Quality 4/5
Meet the moto G7 plus, which is one the new mid-range phones for the 2019 Motorola line-up. Its design is very typical for modern smart phones these days, even down to the Gorilla Glass (3) on the front and back. The design has not changed much from last year’s G6 Plus, which also featured a round camera bump, giving the phone a unique look in the camera positioning department. The screen is 6.2” and features an LTPS IPS LCD, which is easy on the eyes. but is does mean you don’t get the same deep and vibrant colors as an AMOLED.
There the color accuracy is off as it tends to always go blueish no matter what setting you have it on. The legibility of the screen is difficult in the sun due to the glare. The phone does not have an IP rating, but does have a waterproof coating on its internals for some corrosion resistance.
Is it for you?
There is a lot of onboard storage and you can add to this with the microSD slot. The performance from the Snapdragon 636 is a step up from last year’s model giving you a pleasant gaming experience.
· Processor Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm)
· Display LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
· Size 6.2 inches, 96.2 cm2 (~81.4% screen-to-body ratio)
· Storage 64GB
· Camera Front- 12MP Rear- 16MP and 5MP depth sensor.
· Battery 3000 mAh
· Ram 4GB
· Dimensions 157 x 75.3 x 8.3 mm (6.18 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
· Weight 176 g (6.21 oz)
· Colors Deep Indigo, Viva Red
What we like
The super charge feature on this device is decent for a mid-range phone, as it gets a charge of up to 79% in 30 min.What is surprising is the 4K front camera video option, which is sadly let down by not being stabilized. This means that it’s not the best for Vlogging and walking around while filming. The stereo speaker setup sounds good, too. There is also a standard headphone jack. The G7 Plus has the Android Pie operating system and it runs stock, it so it operates very smoothly.
What we don’t like
The Screen’s dew drop camera cut out is very wide in comparison to its competitors and you can’t set a black bar to display at the top to cover it. The battery life is not very good and doesn’t seem to be as good as last year’s G6 Plus, which did better. Unfortunately, the camera’s color reproductions are not true to life, and you might find that there is a bit of background noise on images taken in daylight. The Dynamic range is not as good as it could be, and the contrast leaves images quite dark.
Should you buy it?
Overall the G7 Plus is a very good mid-range phone, with fast charge capabilities and acceptable internal components. This device is positioned in the mid-range segment of the market. There are some significant improvements from the G6 Plus like the Gorilla glass 3 front and back paneling, the stereo speakers and fast charger. We also liked the fact that the head phone jack is still included with the phone, which is a less common feature in higher end phones in 2019.
People also viewed
- The Motorola Moto G7 Plus is manufactured by Motorola and was added in February 2019 in the Smartphones section
- This product has a rating of 3.5 out of 5
- The best price of the Motorola Moto G7 Plus in Australia is $334.00 at Toby Deals
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at Kogan.com, MobileCiti Online, Amazon Australia, Dick Smith, Allphones, Toby Deals