Microsoft Office 365 Personal
The best price by NanoByte Solutions
Manufactured by Microsoft
- Multiple device sync
- New administration interface
- app model for Outlook and add-ons
- constant updating
- free iPad version
- 20GB of cloud storage
- 60 minutes of Skype calling
- Lack of feature parity
- wait for upgrade for existing users
Compare pricesfrom 13+ offers
- CURRENT PRICE $69.95
- LOWEST PRICE $69.95
- HIGHEST PRICE $69.95
Microsoft Office 365 Personal Review
Office 365 is the brand name for a group of software plus subscriptions made by Microsoft. These offer productivity software and other related perks to its subscribers. Three different versions of Office are in existence, but the one that’s in focus here is the Office 365 personal. This version of Office 365 is not so different from the Office 365 home. Subscribers of Office 365 personal pay a monthly amount and this enables them to get free major updates for their copies of the essential office apps, for as long as they have an active subscription.
Included in the package is Word for document making, Outlook for email related issues and organization, Excel for data entry and statistical calculations, Publisher for designing publications and Access for database creation and management. Other perks included in the subscription bundle include 20GB of cloud storage and 60 minutes of Skype communication per month. What really makes office 365 personal standout is the syncing feature that allows the syncing of multiple devices provided those devices have the relevant apps.
Other notable features in Office 365 include a branded sign in which enables subscribers to customise their access panel and to some extend their sign-in page. Subscribers also get to control their password reset without making any phone calls through the self-service password reset feature. Recent updates to Office 365 allow users to send far larger email attachments. The new 150MB size limit is massive compared to the original 25MB. The administrator will however need to change some things for the new size limit to reflect.
Office 365 personal allows the subscriber to install on one PC or Mac and an additional single tablet or iPad. The iPad option only became available recently after some updating. The good news is that Office for iPad is free. The bad news though is that it is rather rudimentary for those who fail to get a subscription service.
Despite all the impressive features, there are still a few issues which Microsoft needs to look into. There is lack of feature parity, which implies that some apps may work perfectly on one app downloaded in Office 365 but completely fail in another. Additionally, subscribers who use this software on an iPad won’t enjoy the widows store app.
Despite the few issues, which Microsoft is probably looking into already, the Microsoft Office 365 personal is worth consideration.
People also viewed
- The Microsoft Office 365 Personal is manufactured by Microsoft and was added in December 2014 in the Business Software section
- This product has a rating of 4.0 out of 5
- The best price of the Microsoft Office 365 Personal in Australia is $69.95 at NanoByte Solutions
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at Skycomp Technology, Mwave Australia, tech4u.com.au, Elite Print Solutions, Amazon Australia, Software Site, Stardot Technology, NanoByte Solutions, Pbtech, 13IT, Harris Technology, Microsoft Store