Intel 520 Series 2.5" 120GB Price
- Product Name
INTEL SSDSC2CW120A310 Intel SSD 520 Series
INTEL SSDSC2CW120A3K5 Intel SSDSC2CW120A3K5 520-Series 120Gb MLC...
Intel 520 Series 2.5" 120GB Review
The Intel 520 Series 120 GB is an internal solid state drive that has the SATA 3 Gb/s and is 2.5 inches in size. Almost 75% of the users of this internal SSD are satisfied with its features and performance. This 120 GB SSD is considered by some as expensive.
But it was originally cheaper than other brands like OCZ, Samsung and Corsair. However, with all the discounts being given by those companies and online markets these days, it seems that this Intel product has become a little expensive if not of the same price range with other brands. One huge plus factor, is that no one finds easy to resist is its 5-year warranty. This SSD is as good as advertised. The changes that it makes to the computer are radical. Booting up or shutting down takes only one to two seconds. Programs load instantly without issues.
Heat has obviously lessened and the time spent to transport data by the gigabytes whether music or full HD movies is around five minutes. Hanging or lagging is a strange word when you use an SSD like this one. Issues are found somewhere around installation. Some users had their documents transferred through external USB enclosures. Others got themselves the Windows 8 boot CD which enabled them to do this task successfully. This product comes with the required cables, manual and the cloning software which makes swapping really painless.
On the other hand, not everyone was lucky. Some actually found the installation very challenging, but when done, everything seems to be OK. Just like other cases, there were some who received their SSD Dead on Arrival, others died after a few days. Requesting for the RMA or return merchandise authorization involves money and time.
Most users wish that quality control is better and stricter for all products being bought online. The SATA cables that come with the SSD are not A-quality, although, they are 3.0 compliant. One plus factor is that this SSD doesn’t need a firmware update since it is delivered with the latest firmware version. Windows can be installed trouble-free if the installation steps are just followed well. This SSD uses less power and it is obviously faster than a typical HDD. The needed laptop data migration cable doesn’t come with the SSD. It is the SATA to USB cable for laptop installation.
The cloning software needs to be installed and is easy to do. It normally takes around one to two hours to transfer data completely. The adapter bracket has more conductivity since it is made of metal. The mounting plate that comes with the SSD makes this drive look as big as a typical HDD.
In summary, this Intel 520 Series 120 GB is one of the most competitive solid state drives on the market these days except for the latest releases like the 180 GB and the 240 GB. Compared to other brands of the same capacity, this SSD is one of the favorites. Its price is going down just like the others, but its 5-year warranty stays the same.
- Samsung SSD 960 PRO M.2 1TB MZ-V6P1T0BW Samsung
- Lenovo ThinkPad 512 GB SATA 2.5" SSD 4XB0L67026 Lenovo
- Plextor M8Pe M.2 512GB PX-512M8PeG Plextor
- Plextor M8Pe PCIe 256GB PX-256M8PeY Plextor
- Plextor M8Pe PCIe 512GB PX-512M8PeY Plextor
- Corsair Neutron Series XTi SSD 2.5" SATA 960GB Corsair
- Crucial 2050GB MX300 2.5" CT2050MX300SSD1 Crucial
- Intel SSD DC S3250 Series 2.5" SATA 800GB SSDSC2BB800G701 Intel
- Intel SSD DC S3250 Series 2.5" SATA 960GB SSDSC2BB960G701 Intel
- Intel SSD 750 Series 2.5" U.2 800GB SSDPE2MW800G4X1 Intel
- Kingston SSDNow KC400 1TB SKC400S3B7A/1T Kingston
- Intel SSD DC S3500 Series M.2 120GB SSDSCKHB120G401 Intel
- The Intel 520 Series 2.5" 120GB is manufactured by Intel and was added in December 2014 in the SSD section
- This product has a rating of 4.8 out of 5
- The best price of the Intel 520 Series 2.5" 120GB in Australia is $637.00 at Ao3 Independent Computer Search
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at Ao3 Independent Computer Search