Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Price
- Product Name
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lenses (2514A002)Best Price, Quick Delivery, no Surcharge!
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Review
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8L II is a starter’s camera lens that is very light and definitely more affordable than most of the lenses of Canon. It is light since it's mostly made of durable plastic and weighs only 4.5 ounces. Other lenses weigh around 20 ounces which others still manage to carry as walk around lens. This one is without a doubt easy to carry and won’t make your neck or your shoulders painful if you carry it around your neck.
On the other hand, the most complained about part of the 50mm is its built. It looks flimsy and not durable. Some photographers, though, judge the camera by its built. But there are others who don’t. Indeed, it is durable. Many photographers have been using this lens for the past 8 years and it’s still working well. Others have been using it for the past 12 months, and have taken more than 1000 pictures with it and it is still as good as new. Maybe it depends more on how you use your lens.
The construction which is mostly plastic is the reason for its light weight and affordability. Most beginners won’t spend that much on a lens and would shy away from heavy ones. This is a starter’s lens that is not that painful to buy. It uses a classic Gauss type optical design which is exceptionally sharp. For close-ups, it can focus as near as 18 inches. If you opt to natural-looking images, exactly the way you see them with your naked eyes, then this lens is for you. Its colors are well balanced and very pleasing to the eyes. This lens performs well in portraits. You can focus on something and everything else around it gets a dramatic blur making your subject really stand out. Every shot doesn’t disappoint. The quality is pretty impressive at this price range. It can be a walk around lens for its weight and price. No worries to carry this in many places because it isn’t as pricey as the L series lenses that cost a minimum of $1000. This lens fits those who are just starting to learn photography.
The autofocus is a little sluggish, a little noisy and not a full-time. It also has fixed focal length. The chromatic aberration is at the minimum, the vignettes are sometimes considered “art” by others. The lens makes sharp images, though, and many are won because of its image quality. Even in places where there is low light, pictures still look great. And since there is no zoom, the photographer needs to be creative. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8L II can capture even the blemishes on the face. The little noise comes from the fact that it is not using ultra sonic monitor, but that one is bearable and not a big issue to most of the photographers. All in all, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8L II is very affordable but the pictures that it produces has an image quality that is very competitive. It is light and very easy to use. It is a walk around lens that is very well worth the purchase.
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon
- Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro - Canon Sigma
- Canon EF-M 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon
- Nikon AF Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G Nikon
- Sony SAL-50F18 Sony
- Olympus EX-25 Olympus
- Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 - Canon Tamron
- Canon EF 75-300mm f 4-5.6 III USM Canon
- Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D Nikon
- Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED Nikon
- Sony VCL-DH0730 Sony
- The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II is manufactured by Canon and was added in December 2014 in the Camera Lenses section
- This product has a rating of 5.0 out of 5
- The best price of the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II in Australia is $129.00 at eGlobal Digital Cameras
- In Australia this product is available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- You can find this product at eGlobal Digital Cameras