Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Satellite 500GB WiFi & USB 3.0 Review
The Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500GB Wi-Fi & USB 3.0 is the compact storage device which is known for its top quality performance and astonishing set of new innovations.
Although the Satellite may appeal to a limited group of people, it still has the kind of features that will get you to try it out and maybe, stick with it. This one does not only give proper care to the most treasured media files you have but it also has its utter ability to even create the Wi-Fi hotspot for you to connect to. It allows people to stream as many videos as you want and connect devices like iPhones or iPAD whenever you want to. This may not have the very attractive design with its glossy black case and a thick texture. Nevertheless, its simplicity and elegance both appear to be the best thing you will love about it. It has a minimal number of ports, LED lights and buttons.
That is definitely what makes it lightweight and travelable. It may be an average performer but then again you can never go wrong with its functionality. Although it has the speed that is 9mbps slower than those in the Rocstor or Western Digital, it is still pretty much fantastic. The Seagate GoFlex has the security and privacy as two of its most active features. There is a password that will allow you to keep the privacy concern intact but you can also take it down so that other people could access the device even without permission. On the drawback, the GoFlex 500GB lacks the shuffle for music playback and will not connect to the internet automatically.
The 500GB storage capacity is definitely a lot of space. This is fantastic most especially if you top that with how it broadcasts pretty quickly with the Wi-Fi hotspot connection. There are a limited number of networks you can connect to it. Therefore, it makes it possible to make the sharing of files with your colleagues more protected and not so broadcasted. If you are a movie lover, you will love how it can allow you to watch more than 300 HD movies anytime and anywhere. However, when streaming the videos you want to watch, it is required that it is done with thoroughness as some files appear to be incompatible with the storage format that the drive has. Being a Wi-Fi hotspot, you can connect up to three different devices on the Seagate FreeAgent all at the same time.
Although you still might find it a bit of a disadvantage that it cannot directly hook this one up with other gadgets like the iPad or iPhone. It will only work when an undeviating WiFi connection is available. On the good side, you will find that you can just easily drag and drop files to and from this wireless storage through a distinct app. What it does is index the files into different categories in order to make the web interface and app more organized.
- Seagate BackUp Plus Fast Portable 4TB Seagate
- Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB STCK1000300 Seagate
- Western Digital WD Elements 4TB Western Digital
- LaCie Rugged Mini USB 3.0 2TB LaCie
- LaCie Rugged Triple USB 3.0 & Firewire 800 1TB LaCie
- LaCie Porsche Design P'9233 USB 3.0 4TB LaCie
- LaCie Porsche Design Desktop Drive for Mac 3TB STEW3000400 LaCie
- LaCie Rugged USB-C 1TB STFR1000400 LaCie
- ICY BOX IB-3640SU3 ICY BOX
- ADATA DashDrive Choice HC500 2TB ADATA
- ASUS Wireless Duo 1TB ASUS
- Transcend ESD400 256GB USB 3.0 Transcend
- Seagate Expansion 3TB USB 3.0 STEB3000300 Seagate
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub 4TB STEL4000100 Seagate
- Seagate BackUp Plus Portable 4TB STDR4000300 Seagate
- Seagate BackUp Plus Desktop 4TB Seagate
- Seagate Expansion Portable 2TB USB 3.0 STEA2000400 Seagate
- Seagate Expansion Portable 4TB USB 3.0 STEA4000400 Seagate