Apple MacBook Pro 13" i7 2.8Ghz Review
The upgraded 13-inch Apple MacBook Pro now runs with a dual-Core i7 processor, giving users a faster and much improved laptop experience.
Very little has changed on its exterior, except for the added Thunderbolt port to its signature unibody aluminum frame. The Thunderbolt port, which is found next to the SD card slot and USB 2.0, Firewire and Ethernet ports, provides faster-than-ever data transfer speeds of up to 10 Gbps. The 13-inch MacBook Pro still sports the same size: 12.78" (32.5 cm) wide x 8.94" (22.7 cm) deep x 0.95" (2.4 cm) high. It weighs 4.50 lbs (2.04 kg), making it a little arduous to carry around.
But even if it is heavier that its much-lauded cousin, the MacBook Air has a sheer processing power and an 8x speed SuperDrive for reading and burning DVDs and CDs, both of which cannot be found in Air. On the hard drive front, the MacBook Pro is backed up by a standard 5,400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive, with 750GB disk space, that can be traded off with a solid-state drive. It has a fast boot up time and applications load quickly, thanks to its ample DDR3 SDRAM. It provides decent battery time, clocking in at around 5 hours. As with the other Apple MacBooks, the 13-inch Pro's keyboard is backlit, making it easy to type in low lighting conditions.
It also has a 16:10 LED display, which is excellent for viewing photos or watching videos. Its built-in webcam has 720p resolution, which is made perfect for crisp and clear FaceTime conversations. Unfortunately, this device still has no dedicated graphics card which is a disappointment to hardcore gamers. While the processor is definitely adequate for basic video editing and gaming, this device is not anyone's editing suite or gaming platform of choice as it only has the standard built-in Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB DDR3 SDRAM. But overall, the 13-inch Apple MacBook Pro does not disappoint. It is very easy to use, aesthetically pleasing and has top-notch dual-Core i7 processor, making it the perfect model for one's on-the-go and home computing needs.
- ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-FC032R i7-6500U ASUS
- ASUS ZenBook UX501VW-FI016T i7-6700HQ ASUS
- ASUS ZenBook UX310UA-GL160R i5-6200U ASUS
- Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" i5 2.7Ghz Apple
- HP Spectre x360 13-w012tu i7-7500U Z4K14PA HP
- HP Spectre x360 13-4112TU i5-6200U P6M12PA HP
- HP ProBook 430 G4 i7-7500U Z3Y41PA HP
- Lenovo ThinkPad X260 i5-6200U 20F60057AU Lenovo
- Asus ZenBook 3 UX390UA-GS041R i7-6200U ASUS
- ASUS ROG GL752VW-T4081T i7-6700HQ ASUS
- ASUS VivoBook Flip i7-7500U TP501UQ-DN081T ASUS
- Lenovo V310-15ISK i7-6500U 80SY02P6AU Lenovo